Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Last of Texas Pics

One of our days in Texas, Erinn gave me a tour of Fort Hood.
We enjoyed the 3rd Armored Carvery Division (ACR) museum.

I really enjoyed learning the long history of this brave group of men.

We wish you all home safely and soon!
Memorial to those who made the ultimate sacrifice. May we never forget.

We were also blessed to visit the 6th floor museum in Dallas.

This museum is located at the spot where JFK was assassinated.

Here the X marks the spot where he was shot.
This is the window from where the shooting took place.

And the memorial to John F. Kennedy
I have always loves bronze statues!
My little sister Sandi and I with some of the long horns!
But there was a lot of them. On a normal day there would be water running down all of this, but they were cleaning that day! What a smell! And in the 105 degree weather!
There was a small cemetery next to the sculptures.

To my surprise we found this monument to the soldiers who fought for the Confederate States of America.

I forgot how far east I had come.

Here you can see Robert E. Lee and "Stonewall" Jackson.
The first stone I saw that so surprised me.
We saw this quote of the Newspaper office.

It would be great if all the news services still followed it.
Erinn with her cousin, Colby.
And Erinn with her cousin, Micah.

Micah would only give us a growl face, so Erinn did too.
The cattle drive in old town Fort Worth.
Texas Trail of fame markers in the sidewalks.
A Texas sized burger on a very hot and sweaty day!
Just some fooling around!
This is how we ended many of our hot days.

Though the pool was warm, it was wet!

This is my sister, Sandi, and her oldest, Colby.

No comments: