Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Perspective

Yesterday I realized it had been a while since I got the ironing done and thought I better get at it.

So about four hours later this is what I had!

As I looked at this rack of clothes I just knew I could not be upset with having to spend all morning getting this done.

There is so much to be thankful in this one picture of daily life:

1) My wonderful husband has a good job requiring him the need to wear all these clothes.

2)  That I have a wonderful, hard working husband providing for us.

3) That we have the finances to buy enough clothes that I don't have to do this everyday.

4)  That I have the time in my day to accomplish this task.

5)  For fun video and teaching audios that make this task easier.

6)  That Hannah mostly likes non-ironable dresses.

7)  For sweaters and sweatshirts that I love to wear so I don't have to iron much for me.

8)   That Caleb, at the age of 11, does not want to wear anything that needs ironing.

9)  For electricity to run the iron and computer during this time, seriously can you imagine doing this the old fashioned way!

10)  For the many blessings we can find in our lives, if only we choose to have the eyes to look for them.

Have a wonderful Thursday, and may you find many blessings hidden in your day:)



2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Amen for perspective. :)

Hilltrain said...

Ha! You're great, Donna. :)