Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

This and That...

The kids went fishing with Dad today, and as you can see were successful.

Hannah was even successful at napping between the catches and waking up to get the net ready for each catch!

Caleb was successful in catching the most and the biggest fish!

David has been successful at playing well all day--fishing this morning, golfing this afternoon, and dessert with friends tonight.

I, on the other hand, had great plans for my quiet morning with no kids, and other than finishing the small basket of ironing, most of what I had to do today came to frustration and incompleteness.

All I can say is God was working on my get it done attitude and saying, take it easy!

So I will try this afternoon :)

You ever had one of those weeks where you got so much accomplished, you feel very in control.  Well that was my week.  Guess He is reminding me that He is in control and His timing is best.  Though I want to get so much done before we are called away to hold babies :) --guess I am doing my own nesting---  I need to recall that all is in His amazing hands and His grace will cover all my sort-comings and that it is through His hands that I accomplish anything at all.

So now for a few minuted of down time before heading out to jui jitsu and some reading while Caleb is working out :)

No comments: