Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

New Adventure!!

My exciting new adventure actually began 2 months ago when I decided to run/walk the Portland Marathon.


At first I was reluctant as my knee causing problems again and I was reluctant to cause any further injury to it. But as I was continually being asked to do it and really encouraged by my over-active husband, I finally gave in and signed up.


At first knowing that David was so excited was enough to keep me going. I also enjoyed fellowshiping with the ladies on our long walks.



But as time moved on, I just kept coming back to why am I doing this, what is the purpose?

Our church used this marathon and the 5 guys doing it last year as a fund raiser to start their disabilities ministry. Now there is a purpose. Through the funds they raised, they sent some people to training and purchased supplies they needed for start up.


During my walk this week God gave me a purpose for my marathon training!!!

I will be walking/running to raise funds for Sarah's Covenant Homes!!! http://sarahscovenanthomes.blogspot.com/

This ministry has set up family-style homes for abandoned children (orphans) with special needs in India. Right now they are working to raise funds for another run of surgeries that some of the children need- http://sarahscovenanthomes.blogspot.com/2009/08/hyderabad-on-monday-more-surgeries.html These surgeries will be done in the next weeks. On top of this they are working on bringing a new set of children to the homes. All of this along with the everyday expenses of running their homes, God has placed them on my heart to run to raise funds for them.


Now I may be great on ideas at times, but the detail are usually a bit of work for me!! So right now I am asking that if you would like to sponsor me in the Portland Marathon (October 4) run/walk post a comment or email me at djordan3940@charter.net I will work on getting a meter to show the progress on the sidebar.


Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to consider this. It will definitely make working towards and finishing the marathon a more enjoyable experience for me and I will know it is going towards a good cause!!!

2 comments:

sarah bess said...

I'm so moved, Donna. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

so I just found your blog!

That is so cool! I didn't know this.