Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Fishing!

We decided to take Sunday afternoon off and go fishing!!!!
Hannah caught her first fish all on her own!
It was a picture perfect day on the river.

I enjoyed my family and a lazy fiction read.
The beautiful trail we hiked.
My forever contemplative Hannah girl.

I would give anything for a few moments in her head to know what she thinks and to see the world through her eyes.
David was wonderful teaching Caleb about all he needed to do and letting Caleb give it a real try on his own.
I am working on seeing beauty in all of God's creation.

It is so much easier with a camera.

Think I am going to have to work on this.

"In all things give thanks!"
Caleb giving it a go on his own.
David loving the peaceful river time.

He really needed this break.
If you could, pray for him.

His arthritis is really acting up and he is in constant pain right now.

The lack of activity is not good for his body and also causes him to become depressed.

Oh Lord we pray for some relief and patience and we are molded into your likeness.

2 comments:

Penny said...

HI Donna, I read your comment about homeschooling and auditory processing on 7900 Miles's blog. I am a former homeschool mom and I just trained in an amazing new therapy which you might want to take a look at. Please understand that this is completely disinterested information as I live very far from you and would not be your provider! Check it out at www.integratedlistening.com . There are many case studies there (and some videos) about how effective it is with auditory processing, concentration and so on. Essentially it's a do-no-harm intervention which rewires and strengthens the brain connections. Feel free to email me if you have questions that are not answered on their website though.

Laurel said...

Looks like a fun day.

A 30 year old friend of ours was recently diagnosed with arthritis and it has been TOUGH on this young daddy with 5 kids under 7 years old.

He is a general contractor, with no other education or experience to move into a non-physical type of career. So, as I think of and pray for Lance, I will pray for David as well.

Hope your week is BLESSED!

Laurel :)