Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Monday, August 22, 2011

An Interesting Ride


Anyone who has known our family for long----knows that it does not take much for a simple outing to become a major outing:/

So Saturday morning David checked his facebook as I was finishing my devotions.

He ran upstairs and asked if I minded if he joined some friends on an quick morning bike ride--I asked to join in and we were almost out the door in 5 minutes.

Then we worked on getting the tires pumped up--our pump is broken.

As we finally arrived at our friends, they had left because it took us too long to get the bikes ready and we had forgotten our cell for them to call us.

So we headed out after them thinking we would catch them on their way back.

Well I had been on a limited calorie diet for the few days before and was struggling some as we were hitting the end of the path and still had missed our friends.

At this point we turn around and start back. David is behind me and says my back tire is a little low.

I was thinking with our morning luck with pumps, let's just leave it.

Well of course---we didn't---and of course----it went flat!

So I started walk/running with the bike.

David started biking home to get the car to come get me.

Well.....

He got a flat on the way home!

Seriously!

So by the time he got back to me I had biked about 7 miles and run/walked about 5.

With no water, because "this was going to be a 'little' ride".

Now these things seem to happen to us on a regular basis in our normal week.

It really is never boring around here!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh my!

Sounds like a "little" adventure.

Question: With no big kids at home, what do you do with the young ones when you decide to head out for spur of the moment fun like this?


:) :) :)

Hilltrain said...

Ha! Yes, definitely never boring at your house. :) I was wondering the same thing about your "littles".