Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Warm Day for Pictures

 We had a wonderful visit with Danielle and Ryan over Christmas weekend.

And though I am sure after growing up in Southern California that I spent many a warm Christmas's as a child, but this was the first in a very long time!
 I do not know what kind of plant this is, but I am sure Dr. Seuss must have been looking out his window at one when he created many of his characters--LOL

I love the plants and trees in Santa Barbara.
 What do you think?

Like mother, like daughter?

I have no idea what we were talking about here, possibly the amazingly large number of stairs we were going to have to go down to get to the beach.

And sadly that meant having to go back up them later-HA
 But you must agree it was a beautiful view!
 See what I meant about the flowers.
 Isn't it great all the diversity in creation our wonderful God gave us!
 Now this one is just too cute for words.

And with a skinny little body like hers she might make a great model when she gets a little older-LOL

 Even cactus can look beautiful, especially with the beautiful Pacific in the background.
 This is what we were hoping to get while on the beach.

A family picture, minus Erinn and Michael.

Don't know what Caleb was going for?

He actually has a beautiful smile.
 Our treasures hidden in a 'cleft of the rock'.
 Some of the local wildlife.
 And a fallen log meant there needed to be a challenge to see who could go up the farthest.

 Ryan on his way up.
 And on his way down!
 Danielle and I gave it a try, but it was actually lots harder than it looked,

Especially on a slick log with sandy feet.
 Drew on his way up, he made it the farthest.
Drew on his way down!
 Drew holding on for dear life-Ha.
 Please tell me that you all get pictures like this!

Everyone looking at the camera and someone thinks it is a great time to give a thumbs up!

This kid is making me old before my time.
 Here we all are somewhat looking at the camera, but very squinty!
 Danielle and Ryan 2011
 Those of us left at home 2011.
Me and my best friend of 26 years!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Looks like a lot of FUN was had by all.

I, too, LOVE Santa Barbara. Beautiful city!

Hugs and Happy New Year!

Laurel

Hilltrain said...

You are hilarious! I think it's about time you started getting old. :) But, yes, I know it's frustrating too...

And was there any doubt that Drew would make it the farthest up?