Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Annual Egg Nog Mile

 So I am way, way behind, but I have to get some pictures up.

Back on December 22, the longest night of 2011 our community does the longest night mile.

Lots of crazy folks coming out on a very cold, dark night to run a fast mile.

If you are not a runner you will  not get it at all.

Caleb chugged out his mile.
 Hannah ran one with no training at all.  

I joined her on the last lap as an encouragement.

She is really starting to get this running thing down.
 Drew was off in the 'fast' heat.  

With his Santa hat!

He enjoyed a quick mile with a bunch of college friends home for the holiday.

I think they used it as a warm up for the big event.
 The Annual Egg Nog Mile.

The guys, and yes this year it was all guys.

Drink one of these glasses of egg nog and run a lap, then another glass and another lap, till they throw up or finish!

I know, I don't get it either.

Hannah and I were in charge of the egg nog.
 Drew was in charge.

This year they did it right after the Longest Night Mile, thinking they would get a good turn out that way.  

Think the numbers were about the same--30 or so.
 Gotta love how some of them have to plug their noses even to drink the stuff.
Drew was the official winner again this year.

How he can stop after each lap and down a glass of this stuff and still run a sub 5 minute mile is beyond me!

Though he has gotten smart and made himself throw it all up afterwords.

No great pictures this year with the night time.

And not too much going on as the kids were taking the mile pretty easy.

I think next year they will switch it back to early morning when everyone is a little more geared up.

1 comment:

Hilltrain said...

Ha! Yeah, I don't get it. :) But at least they have fun, I guess...