Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Day Hike

David has ended up with some extra vacation time here at the end of the year, that he must either take now or loose. So we were blessed to have him home yesterday and hopefully more this week. I can not remember him ever having time off when we did not have something planned, except maybe when we adopted the kids. So the day started with a husband who does not know how to just relax, encouraging us all to help him fix the hand railing on the stairs (that might be because of my latest fall). Now you all know that home improvement projects are just lots more fun when the whole family is there to encourage you on!!! I am very thankful for my hand rail, now when I fall down the stairs I can hurt my shoulder again instead of my backside, at least till I tear it out again in one of my falls. Maybe I should learn how to walk down the stairs without falling, now that is an idea!!
Now with the hand railing fixed he had a whole afternoon to burn! So up the mountain we went!! I must admit that this picture of Caleb is from last year about this time, but we headed up without our camera and I like pictures in my posts. The view of the valley from the top of the mountain is incredible and worth the hike, especially on a beautiful December day like yesterday.
Our hike took about 3 hours to go up and down. Last week David, Drew and Drew's friend Jon biked from our home to the top (an extra 5 miles or so) in an hour and a half. They came down the whole thing in 19 minutes!!! Now that is totally crazy and I am very glad I was not there to witness it.

No comments: