Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th--on the 5th--LOL

Of course my 4th of July posting would be on the 5th--

We had a good time with family--sorta laid back--thankfully!!

I got lots done, so I can feel comfortable leaving for the coast today!

Hannah in her contemplative pose. She is famous for watching everyone else. Kinda like a sponge just soaking in all of life.

But there is no doubting that she has unique style when it comes to clothes! LOL!! Purple sandals, red socks, blue jeans, pink sweatshirt, and green shirt--oh and the red, white and blue beads!! Guess she about covered it-except orange!

Caleb checking out the sparkler competition-- Yes, everything for this boy is a competition! A true Jordan!
I am so very thankful for sweet sleep which is giving me back some energy!! Also for friends and family who willingly jump in to help--especially since I am so terrible at asking for it!!

I did not mention earlier that after a couple of hours of fast pick up at the church--with amazing friends staying to help---I drove off with the hatch open on my van and drove over a mile with out loosing anything out of the back!!! The last things in the van were 4 large glass water pitchers--you know the kind for serving large groups, and they stayed in. God was very gracious to this exhausted mom!!

Then we got home and my 2 wonderful sister-in-laws, 5 nieces and nephews, 1 brother-in-law, my parents-in-law, my 2 sons, my 2 daughters and my husband helped me take on cleaning!! In a couple of hours I had all the dishes washed, coolers cleaned, laundry started, fish bowls cleaned, food put away, strawberries frozen... well you get the idea!! It was heavenly!! Thanks everyone--I would still be working on it without all your help!!



No comments: