Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, November 5, 2010

One Step.....

For the last two weeks I have been kinda bearing my heart through videos on Faceb**k.

As we are moving into Orphan Awareness month and Adoption Sunday (November 7th), I felt a NEED to share my heart.

Adoption has added SO VERY much to my life, it just spills out.

Though we have our struggles, many of which I share here, I would not trade what I have learned, how I have grown, and the love I have gained for the world!

Adoption is a view into the heart of God!

He calls us when we are alone, and sets us in His family.

Forever!

Care for the orphan is still the heart of God!

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.




Beauty out of Ashes from Lifesong for Orphans on Vimeo.

This video is a wonderful example of some I have shared this week.

At one point in this video you see the kids sliding down the hill on their bottoms!

My son went on his first slide at the age of 5 1/2 on a cold November day on 2005.

He was shaking with excitement!

No, all kids do not NEED to experience a ride on a slide,

But all kids should have the opportunity to experience LOVE.

Of a friend.

Of a family.

And to hear of the Love of their Savior!

Only when we step out of our complacency can this happen.

One step.

That is all it takes.

And if thousands of people took that same step.................

No comments: