Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lord Change Me....

Yesterday I had the "joy" of running errands while I was definitely still sick. Not a fun thing, but it was necessary.

I was seriously struggling with some of my fellow drivers on the road.

It culminated with me trying to traverse a parking lot in the pouring rain to quickly return a movie. A driver of a van was going back and forth trying to get his van in a front slot. I was irritated as I was standing in the rain while he was dry doing his crazy parking job! I almost blew it when I finally got around him and saw a young mom trying to get her two youngsters around to get to her car.

I must admit that I was a little verbal when I got back to my car and my two young ones waiting for me:(


Fast forward to last night when Caleb's coaches kept the team practicing for 1 1/2 hours in the rain.

I asked Caleb what the coach told the group right before they left. He said the coach said he did not want to hear any more complaining from the kids.

Well you could imagine I was thinking, well I would be complaining after that too.

But I found myself instructing my son to try to hold his tongue, that complaining is useless and defeating. That he should try to find something good in all situations.

Oh, did I really say that?

Did I really mean that?

How can he believe that when he sees and hears my actions?

I was shamed.

I was so disappointed in myself.
So I took the time later to apologize to Caleb and discuss my actions.

God and I had a long talk too---Please give me a thankful heart in ALL circumstances!

So you guessed it!

Today in a parking lot I was pushing my cart, almost to my car, and a guy pulls right in front of me so I have to stop, so he can get a front row spot.

I was able to smile!

Be thankful he did not hit me!

Be thankful that he got such a good spot in the Cost*o lot--not an easy thing.

Mostly be thankful that---at least---for this moment

my heart was CHANGED!

No comments: