Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cup or Reflector?


God has so been working in my life in the last couple of weeks.

I have some issues that have been brewing for a while.

Sometimes they come to the front and are ugly. My friend,Laurel, called them 'mud puddles'.

Other times it would seem as if they are not there at all.

Through all this, in the last 8 years or so, God has been faithful to walk with me and guide me.

To give my family an abundance of love and patience.

But this time I decided it was time to hit it face on and get to the roots and quit stuffing them down. I am going to wallow in that mud puddle for a while and get to the down a dirty!

Oh I have been so blessed by friends who will walk with me and counsel me and point out blind spots. Also an unbelievable husband and family.

So here and there you will get snippets of where I am.

So tonight's snippet:

I am not a cup to be filled so much, as I am made to be a life that reflects Him!! More of Him and less of me!

Simple, but where I am tonight!

Delighting in Him in all things!!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Praying for you as God speaks to you in the middle of your mud puddle. It's not a fun place to be ... but sometimes it is necessary to get real dirty, before God's grace and beauty can shine through.

much love,

Laurel (covered in mud right now)