Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What's up?

Life has been a little bit of an emotional roller coaster. Maybe at some point I will blog a little about it, but right now I am just wanting to hear what the Lord is teaching me.

Thankfully life continues around me in full force to keep me focused on today.

Been doing a TON of research on some possibilities of learning help for Caleb. Has anyone used anything by Dianne Craft?

Caleb, as we have previously noted, has some trouble moving cross mid-line. This makes it difficult for him to transfer information from the right side of his brain, your thinking side, to the left side of his brain, your working memory.

So what does this look like?

Caleb has to think about most letters he is writing. So every word and every letter is a thinking process. Think about if every time you wrote, even your name, you had to think of how to form each letter, let alone which are the right letters.

Then try to transition a letter from a book or the white board onto your paper...

Well it is very difficult and makes most simple tasks take a very long time.

We are also working with an idea my friend, Jen, mentioned with transparencies over a book. She actually gave me some information, but I left it at her house back in November.

Caleb has mentioned that the words seem to move up towards him when he is reading. His vision is 20/20, but he seems to be having some vision processing issues.

Vision therapy is so expensive and not covered by insurance, so we are looking at some home based options. Anyone have any ideas?

It is hard to watch Caleb struggle.

I know he is smarter than we are seeing.

I know he is trying.

I know so much of it stems from early situations and losses.

It makes me so sad for him.

He has lost so much, I would love to be able to help him recover some of this.

God is ABLE.

Praying for wisdom.

Isaiah 55:9

As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

2 comments:

Shonni said...

Oh my gosh, I am so glad that I saw this post...I personally met with Dianne some 11 years ago to find help with Kalyn, who is now 17. I loved working with her and she helped us SO MUCH.
If you want to chat more about this, feel free to email me - shassoldt@msn.com
loves,
Shonni

Shilo said...

I'm praying with you, Donna. Thank you for not giving up but for continuing to be a warrior advocate for your little guys!!!
Love,
Shilo