Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Don't Say Never

I have been very guilty of saying NEVER way too much!

My wonderful husband loves to call me on it :)

I can officially say I broke one of my avowed NEVERS this weekend!

Oh--can I say it?

Will I be judged by the rest of you NEVERS out there?

Oh well..

I have been learning this year not to let others opinions be so important to me :)

Here goes....

I put up all my Christmas decorations (besides the tree)---BEFORE---Thanksgiving......

Oh there it is.

One of my NEVER in my lifetimes.

I want to focus on the Thankfulness of the Thanksgiving holiday, so I never wanted to venture into the decorating too early.

But the way it came about this year was interesting.

David was gone for the week---always a great time to do a messy project.

Erinn called and asked if I could pack up some of her Christmas things and get them ready to send to Hawaii for her.

And well, one box led to another and another and well you get the idea.

And mess in hand I decided I was very THANKFUL for the time and uninterrupted days to accomplish the daunting task of removing Thanksgiving decorations and redecorating for Christmas.

Now when we get back from celebrating with David's family, I can rest and enjoy the rest of my long weekend with my family.

And you know what?

For that I am very THANKFUL and isn't that the idea anyways.

So if you are afraid of snowmen till after Black Friday....

Don't come to my house!!

Mary and Joseph are starting an early journey to Bethlehem this year too.

Maybe it will be more restful for her that way :)

Remembering to Thank the Lord in ALL things.....

Even NEVERS that are no longer!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

My roommate and I decorated for Christmas this weekend (except the tree). I just moved to TX, so decorating in a tank top with the windows open was kinda weird for this Washingtonian... I turned on Bing Crosby just so it would feel more Christmasy.

My best friend and I have a saying, "Never say never to God." We've both had many times in the last several years where God has led us to something that we had previously declared we would "never" do. (and yes, moving to TX was one of those for me...)

Laurel said...

Love it!

I am so ready to decorate for Christmas. But ... the family says, "No, Mom."

I'll wait until after Thanksgiving ... but then I'll keep those decorations up until mid-January. Yes. I. Will.


Glad you got this fun project done.

Laurel :)