Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, November 18, 2011

What to do???

When David is gone for a few days I usually use the time to get a big project or two done that is messy, like painting or deep cleaning.

So this week I had a couple of painting jobs lined up, one of which was painting the legs on this table!

I really was not into a messy paint job and things kept interrupting full days.

Yesterday was a surprise trip to the doctor with Hannah, then to the pharmacy and back home for some treatment---praying it works!

Today was a surprise morning of testing at the school district.  We had asked for testing a while back and had some meetings, but I had not heard back on actual testing dates.  Got home from the doctors last night at 4:30 to a message that there was a 2 hour testing this morning at 8:30.

Along with all this is my still not feeling up to my old energy levels with all the diet changes due to food sensitivities.  I am thankful for how it is working, just need to get the eating figured out so I have energy all day.

So I decided no painting or big yard projects.

Then Erinn called and asked if I could get a box of her Christmas stuff ready to send to her in Hawaii since she will be arriving early December and wants something to make the house somewhat festive, even though they will have no furniture. 

So that started.....

You see where this is going, right?

Well one box of Christmas led to another box of Christmas.

And well lets just say that Thanksgiving is somewhat getting the shaft around here this year. 

I figured we were not going to be home for the holiday any ways so why not.

So right now at 4:00pm this is as far as I have gotten. 

Mess city.

And you know how one mess leads to another clean out messy job.

I have both school closets all over the place too waiting to be organized or cataloged!  I have to get a list of what I have because I am always changing things up as Hannah needs it, and I order lots of things from my PBS and I don't want to be doubling up, but I do want to get things on my wish list.

And the big Christmas change over means cleaning all those little nooks and crannies that only get cleaned a few time a year--sad to say, but too true.

Amazingly we have completed a full day of school everyday this week so far---yeah!!

Caleb aced a Science test today!

Hannah had all her school completed by noon even with our morning doing school at the school district offices.  Then she happily jumped into helping me because Christmas is just too fun and she is lighting up all over!

Goal tonight:
1) lesson plans for the next two weeks done
2) put regular school closet back together.
3) pre-pack Erinn's box and put the rest of her stuff back in the attic
4)catalog rest of grade school books and replace them on shelves
5) totally IGNORE the rest of the Christmas stuff and cleaning.
and finally
6) play a game of trains with the kids:)

I am exhausted just writing it down:)

1 comment:

Shonni said...

I’m exhausted reading it...LOL...hope you meet your goals...I especially like the play a game of trains!!!!