Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Rose pruning

Wednesday is usually our running around day. Hannah has speech therapy so it is a good excuse to get some other things done. Today we went to two banks (one tax return is in Yeah!), speech, the grocery outlet and the library. We found some good deal on Power Bars, yogurt, tea and Asian pears. Hannah and Caleb got to go to story time at the library. I had some time to browse the library ALONE!
When we got home we pruned rose bushes! This picture is Grandma Mae in our garden last year. I love pruning, it always reminds me that warmer weather is just around the corner.
Hannah asked me while we were working in the yard, "Why do we always have to work?"
Well I did not think we ALWAYS worked, so I said, "We work to take care of things and make things pretty!"
I think it was the "pretty" word that convinced her that this work stuff was OK.
Thank you Lord for all the beautiful things you put in your world for our enjoyment and for us to take care of.

No comments: