Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ruth Study

Erinn and I have started going to a morning Bible study with some other ladies from the church on Ruth. This has always been my favorite book and the place I come to when I feel I need extra comfort. I must admit that the Lord's watch-care of Ruth and Naomi and Ruth's peace in the midst of turmoil has been my focus. As I was reading over it on New Years the Lord was working on my heart about the kinsman redeemer, that He is my redeemer and the picture that Ruth points to Christ. Call me slow or something, I know that I knew this fact about Ruth, but for this to be the focus of our Bible study, it was more like God pulling out the big guns and saying "Pay attention, Donna!" So you get the point, I am very excited to see where the Lord takes me in the study.

Ruth 2:12 "The Lord repay you work, and a full reward be given you by the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for rest."

No comments: