Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ruth Study

Today we finished our study in the book of Ruth. I enjoyed it tremendously. Learning to look past the surface into God's provision and plan challenged me to look deeper in my everyday study. Now I seem to be more naturally looking for God in the pages rather than what I need to do. I think it is a common error that we can make. I know that I fell into the thinking of how can I be a better Christian, rather that seeking the face of Him who makes us more into His image.
So in studying Ruth I can see her humility, obedience and faithfulness, wonderful character traits that I do desire in my life, but also God's plan in redemption, a picture of His future redemption through His Son. Also God's amazing sovereignty in bringing this woman all the way from Moab to be the grandmother of King David, through famine, apparent barrenness and widowhood.
Another interesting thing for me was as I looked at what Ruth "said" I found it was very little, though it seemed like she said a lot, what she said was not through her words, but through her life. God is definitely working on me in this area, will probably post more on that later as I continue to hear what he is teaching me.
Sorry if this sounds like babble, I have never been a good writer, but just wanted to put down some thoughts of what I was learning.

No comments: