Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome Spring

Being the first day of spring, it was nice to wake up to sunshine!!! Isn't it amazing what a little sun can do for the attitude!
Now I am wondering why we have had lots of sun the last two weeks, but both weekends it has been raining! Maybe God is tell me to get out in that sunshine and work in the yard! Oh yeah, I did that yesterday. It was nice to feel the dirt in my fingers and smell the wet soil.
I am looking forward to a garden again this year. We have a bit of work first. Last year we took out the rotting fence and railroad ties around the garden. Now watching the dog run through the beds, we know we need to get a new fence up before we start planting! The onions are in and I think I will need to get something around them this weekend. We have ordered some grapes and are looking forward to putting up an arbor on one side of the house for them.
May you enjoy this first day of spring and look forward to all the work and joy it brings!!!

No comments: