Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, January 15, 2010

WSU??

Washington State University??

That is the question of the weekend.

Drew is off on his last recruiting trip this weekend.

This is his top school at the moment.

We are praying for clarity in the decision.

I am thankful to hear of a fellow adoptive family in the area that I know through the blogging world. It is good to have input from a family close to the school, that knows the spiritual climate of the area too.

Interesting to think, that if God had not led us to adopt, we would be looking at an empty nest! That sound so boring!!

I am not excited to be letting my last born leave my home, but I know he is ready for it. I know it is what I have spent so much of my life preparing him for. I am thankful he is looking at a school here on the west coast.

I am thankful and proud of the man he has become!!

3 comments:

Ben said...

Yes Drew go to WSU.

Laurel said...

Our son, Josh, will be over at Eastern Wa. ... and he has friends at WSU ... so I'm sure that "our boys" will be able to get together.

While WSU has often been known as a party school, the Christians there really know what it means to be committed. I attended a "Christian college" where anyone and everyone said they were Believers ... but few of us walked it out on a daily basis. Whereas my friends at WSU liked the fact that Believers were Believers ... and all the rest didn't pretend to be. Make sense?

Praying for guidance for Drew.

Laurel

Donna said...

thanks for the encoragement Laurel