Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Us...plus one....

 We are enjoying the added blessing of an extra child this week.

And we took her cross country skiing for her first time on Sunday afternoon.

By the smile I think she enjoyed it :)

 Off Rachel and Caleb go.

With both of them in all black they look like one person here.
 David said Rachel was a good sport, even when she kept landing in this position!
 But as the coordinated athlete she seems to be, she picked it up in no time.
 Boy was it snowing!
 Rachel and my handsome husband, who went with the kids and taught her, since we were down a set of skis, Hannah and I went.....
 Sledding!
 This day taught me more about the importance of going farther for my kids.

I had a busy day planned and skiing was not involved in that plan.

But....

Can you tell by these smiles that it was worth the effort?
 Rachel on her way down the hill.

 Caleb getting some air over the bump!

Ouch!

And we have sore backs to prove it.
 What snow day is finished without snow angels?
 And yes, a snowball fight.

And yes, I started it!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Looks like FUN!

I cross country skied before I was married ... and would love to do it again. Maybe Rachel can teach me how. :)