Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, April 13, 2012

What a Mess

A few months back we had water coming into our kitchen from the kids bathroom upstairs.

We finally had to tear apart some of the ceiling to try to find the leak.

Low and behold there was really no leak...

just kids not being overly careful and some missed caulking when we redid the floor up there.

Interestingly, the worst leaking we had was when the young men from the African choir were here...I guess they have a hard time with shower curtains too :)

We had a lowered ceiling which I was not too fond of anyways, so we used this as an excuse to raise the ceiling to the height of the rest of the house and take out the fluorescent lighting.

We also removed a whole bank of cabinets from right there where the silver venting is.

Now it is open from my kitchen right into my front room.

That makes one happy lady :)

The only real bummer was when I was pulling down one of the last pieces of sheet rock I was showered with mouse poop!

I had found the dehydrated mouse earlier---Yuck!

I took one heavy duty shower and covered myself with vinegar!

I am very glad not to be housing any mice (that I know of) now and we got all the black mold out :)

How do mice get in between floors anyways?

More pics in the days to come.

No comments: