Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Be Still....

Now the thought of being still and quiet is not real high on my list of priorities.

I am a mom after all, of 5 kids of a great variance of needs and ages.

And being quiet requires me to focus on keeping my mind still and in places of peace.

It is much easier to be busy.

You know the challenge of being a Mary in a Martha world---I am reading that book right now by the way!
So part of my challenge being layed up with my bum knee is keeping my normally busy self from going stir crazy sitting around with my leg up.

This mornings run to Walmart ended with a two hour stretch down on the couch.

All this laying around has caused sleepless nights too.

So what have I been learning through this trial of rest....

TV is bad company after a show or two--LOL

God's perfect timing---the two books that had been delayed reaching me, both got here, one the day before and one the day after my surgery.  The other one is Follow Me by David Platt---great book.

As I had the time to really digest the Follow Me book and think on it, it became clear that the timing was perfect for one of my children and the struggles they were having.  Me being down allowed the time to read, reflect, and train.

I have been working on memorizing the book of Colossians and have been doing it while I have been walking.  With that option out right now, I have been doing lots of review while laying sleepless in bed at nights!  Though I may be reviewing it a little incorrectly in the dark--LOL

I am so thankful to have a husband who loves to cook--and a son who is extremely interested in learning--especially this vegan thing we are doing.

And on the humorous side, guys really do think a kitchen is clean when it is very questionable whether it is!

And I am so very thankful for my husband's great job with good insurance that allows me to have this surgery done so that I can keep up with my family again without the constant pain.

God is good.

Lessons learned are good.

And I am learning that being still can be good.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Sorry you are laid up.

Glad you have time to read . . . and learn . . . and train.

Glad your guys like to cook (as mine do).

Hope you are up running after your family real soon.

Can't wait to plan a camping trip with you all for the summer. :)

Hugs!

Laurel