Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Last Catch Up Post...Maybe...

 One of  our beautiful stops on our trip was to the Joshua Tree National Forest.
 I take great delight in seeing new place and things. 
 We saw these little guys all over the place.  From a distance they looked like a bunch of the little minions from Despicable Me running all over the desert!
 Isn't it amazing God's diversity in creation.  What would the world be with only one kind of cactus?
Hannah and I marveled over this bird's nest in the middle of all the thorns!  Yeah you really have to look it is well disguised.
 Then we talked of how it looked as though God was having fun with building blocks when he made these formations!
 And of course we had to discuss whether these stairs were man made or God made.  I have to remember that some things in life I do have to take the time and talk Hannah through, she is such a delight and has opened my eyes in so many ways.
 Here is our contrast picture of our beautiful rock formation pictures for you.
 Now you can see how big they are.
 An old gold mine back in the hills.
 This was the hike we went different directions on because the boys were going on a run---I was not kidding when I said they took every advantage of new running trails!
 See Caleb way up there!
 This was a big step for me too because I have lots of bad memories of trail runs and hikes, that I do not do to well on trails so much.  Yet God gave me peace and allowed me to enjoy the beauty of His creation with out fear!  Very major for me.
 Had to show you the cute little bunnies that were running all over the resort we stayed at.  So fun.  The first night we just kept seeing shadows racing across the paths--I was just praying they were not big rats!  I was very thankful to see these cute little guys the next morning--LOL
 Yes, we were blessed with a very lovely place in the middle of the dessert to refresh.
 Another  zoo visit.  The Living Desert in Palm Springs is beautiful if you ever get a chance.
 This wild cat was so much more obedient than our dog :/
 Beautiful animals in natural settings.
 More cactus.

 We loved the storks backwards knees!  And his long legs reminded me of Hannah's.

 Mr. Tortoise we enjoyed seeing because our friends, the Greens, have one that will get big too.
 The beautiful regalia on display.
 My family!  Caleb had just been saying it was too hot and he needed a place to refill his water bottle.  I was OK with the water bottle part, but after a winter in the Pacific Northwest I told him NO complaints about warm weather were allowed!
 Ok Ok  last couple of cactus!
Thank you Lord for your awesome creation for us to enjoy!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Love the pics. Makes me want to go to Palm Springs. While Southern CA has always been our favorite vacation destination . . . we have NEVER been to Palm Springs. Nope. Never. Must go on our next trip.

Hugs!

Laurel :)