Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Marathon Complete!!!

WOW, I FINISHED!!!
Here is part of our group before hand. I am waiting for some pictures others took the night before.
Hannah and I were showing off our style!

The last moment to think of the insanity of it all.

My cheering squad.

So in the confusion of trying to find the others we were supposed to be running with, Jamie and I ended up starting way too early, with a faster group. We ended up running a very large portion of the first 11 miles and felt great!

But around mile 13 things started to fall apart and become very painful!
We limped and pushed through to mile 18 which you see here!

The guys and kids came out to see us, which was a great encouragement.
See that hunched back of mine! That would be why my back is screaming today!!!
I split up from Jamie around mile 21 because it was very painful for me to walk very much and she was hurting to run. So I 'shuffled' the last 5 miles in alone.
This grimace was the only face I could make! LOL
I finished in 5:21!!! About an hour faster than I thought!!!
I was met at home by Erinn with this congratulations/birthday cake, since today is my birthday! Very sweet! I will post a picture later of Drew's surprise for me!
I am also waiting for finish pictures from some of the others, since our camera went dead from Drew's race the day before, followed by the marathon.
THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
I PROMISE YOU THAT AROUND MILE 22 WHEN EVERYTHING WAS HURTING WHAT KEPT ME GOING WAS KNOWING WHY I WAS DOING IT!!! THAT IS NOT AN EXAGGERATION AT ALL!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooohooo! So glad you finished.

Hilltrain said...

Wow! Hope you're recuperating now...

Laurel said...

Congrats! Yea! Way to Go! Proud of You!!!


Laurel