Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Glimmer....

That is what I saw in Hannah's eyes last night!!

A glimmer of understanding that is!!!

With her learning delays we are never really pushy with her on things and tend to ask Caleb all the questions. Questions tend to frustrate her and challenge her speech under the pressure.

So last night while Dad and Caleb were playing chess, she asked me to read her one of the Easter stories that are out and about the house right now.

As I read, I was definitely prompted by the Spirit to speak to her on a deeper level about what I was reading!! I was also able to ask her some questions to see if she was able to follow.

And you know what....

She was!!!

It really was the first time that I found her able to understand the 'story' at a deeper level!!

Praise the Lord!!!

Interesting that just this morning I was reading in the book Adopted for Life by Russell Moore, how some people think we should be spending our money not on orphanages and adoptions, but on out reach!!!

Seriously!!!

What are they thinking!!

Our lives are to be outreach!!

And my children my first mission field!!!

I spoke in this post about the possibilities if Hannah had been left in Liberia. After this post a friend who is a missionary in West Africa, and here is what she had to say.....

....if Hannah was in Senegal and not learning (she wouldn't get any special help) she would either be sent out for house help or begging on the side of the road. The school system here is so sad...the slow ones get left behind....you take a class until you pass and can move on to the next one....I have a friend who is in her early 20's still trying to get out of high school....she failed her exams last year and is giving it another go this year. Hannah is one VERY BLESSED little princess!!! God is so good!

Some may not feel adoption is a good way to evangelize, but...... for this one very precious soul....I am believing with all my heart that it was worth every penny we paid for her ransom, for her to learn of the price her loving Saviour paid for her eternal ransom!!!

2 comments:

Shonni said...

Wonderful post!!! And that "out reach" part...I agree with you...how sad that others believe that!
Praising the LORD for this little girl who had a family that loves her and is teaching her about Him!

Shilo said...

Amen, Donna! I'm so glad God didn't just send me an outreach team but that He adopted me into His family!