Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Some Days...

....are much prettier days than others.

And, no, I am not talking about the weather!!

But trying to keep it real!!

I was able to share with my home school class about Brazil yesterday and teach them how to play a game called "cinco Marias". Good job, pat yourself on the back!

I was then able to race over and get Grandma to take her over to sign papers, view her new apartment, and have lunch with her and the kids. Good job again!

Then I was able to race home, get some laundry done, pay some of our bills, pay some of Grandma's bills, fold some clothes, get dinner started, and basically catch up a little. Again, good job!

Now for the ugly part, you know the me that comes out when I am tired, stress and plain old selfish!! (not fun to say)

Caleb and I had it out over his taking 4 hours to complete two subjects!

Then we landed on a single math problem--that he could not get.

Now I could make myself feel better over all the reasons why he should have understood, and how he was being manipulative, and on and on...

but this is about my attitude.

I knew he was tired and out of sorts after our crazy week of schooling in Grandma's bathroom, I knew I was pushing because of wanting to get things done before the weddings, I knew with his sensory issues that this week was a time bomb for him, I knew I had not taken the time he needed to help him succeed with his school work this week, but...

I pushed selfishly along.

Ever have one of those days??

Praising God that His mercies are new every morning!!

No, we don't even come close to perfection around here, but I know that I am being changed into what He desires me to be!!!

So off to breakfast with my dear husband for a morning of fellowship and prayer. Then home to wake my sweet babes for the beginning of our NEW day of walking in grace!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Yeah ... had "a few" of those days (or, a few hundred as the case may be) ... been talking about putting a couple of girls in school ... just don't know how to meet their needs ...


Laurel

junglemama said...

We all have our off days. Even kids that are in school!

Shilo said...

Thanks for your honesty, Donna. I praise God for His grace and forgiveness in my life and that somehow He can still use me despite me...He is so great.