Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Planning Update


When I explain to people that we have a graduation and two weddings within 6 weeks of one another......people think I must be going crazy!!


Well I guess we are holding up pretty well so far.

**Drew will be choosing his final senior pictures this weekend.

**We will also hopefully be printing his graduation invitations.

**We have 2 of 3 meetings to plan graduation done.


Erinn and Michael

As far as the weddings go, things are moving along well, with both couples rapidly making decisions and getting things underway.

Danielle and Ryan


Here is how we look so far:
*2 wedding dresses purchased and with my mom being altered if needed
*all bridesmaid dresses purchased
*both venues reserved
*one set of groomsmen taken care of and the other almost decided on
*material purchased for both of Hannah's dresses, which my mom is making so they will fit my very tall skinny girl!
*both of Caleb's outfits purchased
*material for vest and tie for different weddings for Caleb purchased
*my dress and shoes for one wedding purchased
*one set of invitations being sent to the printer this weekend
*another set probably in the next week or so
*menus decided on
*pastors working on premarital counseling with both couples
*table decorations close to being finalized
*mom is making the cakes (she is a great seamstress and cake decorator, we are very blessed to have her skills along with her love in this wedding)


So you can see we have made a major dent in the planning. Erinn has the next two weeks off school and we are hoping to get lots done in that time.




I really believe that the long talk I had with God at the beginning of this has been my peace!!!


I was worried right at first that my ugly 'panic' would set in with all the stress of planning things just right. David and I had a very small gathering (immediate family only) at our wedding and my mom did the whole thing---thanks Mom!!! I am not up on what is the right way to do things, nor is having things just right a big deal for me. But I do want to bless my daughters with a wonderful day. They are such treasures to me and have always made me so happy to be their mother, I am very happy of the ladies they have become!!!!


So God and I had a long talk about how I knew I could not handle this alone and that I was afraid of how I would handle the stress......and guess what.....it has not been an issue!!!! He has been my peace. I have laid my anxieties daily at his feet and walked in what He has laid before me for the day!!! I will continue with His grace to enjoy every minute of the wondrous journey He is taking us on!!!!


3 comments:

Shilo said...

Beautiful testimony of His grace, Donna! Thanks for sharing!

Laurel said...

You are doing GREAT! Wow!

Your mom sounds like an amazing gift for wedding prep. (I'm sure she's a gift for a lot of reasons, but cake decorating and sewing really comes in handy for you this year.)

Whenever we finally do get a wedding, just buying clothes for the whole family will be a MAJOR task for us. :)

Glad things are going well.

Laurel & the gang :)

Tracy said...

Wow, how great is your mom! She's a secret weapon. All the other moms-of-the-bride will be terribly jealous.