Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Good Day!

Caleb and I finally hit a good day after a couple of hard weeks of homeschooling!!!

This picture is what victory looks like when you finish school before lunch!

I am thankful that I have homeschooled 3 easier kids first! I was able to look back this week and know that hard weeks come and go, it helped me keep my eyes on the goal and keep looking for what would help him over this hump.

And what was it we found today? Well I made new school lists for him last week thinking that might help him see what needed to be done and know that I was not just making up what he had to do as we went along (you know moms do that just to be mean!?!). Well that really backfired and this week was worse. Maybe he saw it all and was discouraged. I am a list person and this really works for me, but last night Erinn reminded me that she never liked lists, still doesn't.

So this morning I took all the pages out of the different books and stapled them together, crossed a lot of his list off (because it was now in the packet), and took all the books that I just took the papers out of off his desk. And who knew--It worked! I never tried this approach before, but hey, we will take whatever works. Guess it looked like a lot less when it was actually out of the books.

Thank you Lord for the wisdom to seek out an answer for Caleb in this area!

2 comments:

Hilltrain said...

Yeah, Mom and Caleb!!! Praise the Lord for insight!

Laurel said...

After homeschooling for 18 years, our schooling changed drastically this year when we added our 3 from Ghana.

I have so many days that I am totally STUMPED with how to teach them concepts that our other children learned at MUCH younger ages. It's exhausting!

Great job with finding a new way to help Caleb. I just might have to try it.

Laurel