Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Swimming With Watoto

Aren't these beautiful children!!
Now when I go to the park or the pool, I usually do not have too much trouble finding my two beautiful African faces in our predominately white community. Today I was having a 'little' more trouble than usual!!! Caleb is on his back a little to the right of center in the picture.
There is a children's choir from Uganda called 'Watoto' in town and we were invited to the gym and pool with them today. Hence the problem trying to pick mine out of the pool. Hannah is at the bottom of the picture holding on to the side. We do have one of the best swim teachers in town living right in our house (Erinn), but alas my youngest do not know how to swim. What is that saying about the shoemaker's kids not having shoes!
Interestingly, after listening to the choir sing on Sunday, Hannah told me she wanted to be an 'African Girl' when she grew up!! After I got over my surprise I informed her that she already WAS and African Girl!!! To which she gave me a huge toothless grin!!


If you are interested in the ministry of Watoto you can visit them online at http://www.watoto.com/ They have built self contained communities where the orphan children are raised in home-like settings--8 children to one mother. To raise the next generation to fear the Lord and serve their country.

No comments: