Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Shifting Funds!!

So this is what our bike rack looks like all taken apart on my front room floor. A few weekends ago David had one of the straps actually break while he had bikes on the back of the car!! Luckily they did not fall off and he was able to secure it somewhat by tying the ends together. So it has been sitting on the side of the house waiting for some TLC. Today it came apart and I was able to replace the worn out and broken straps with new ones. And I only broke 3 needles on the sewing machine!!

So what do you do when you save all that money, since you do not need to buy a new bike rack? Well you buy yourself some fun new shoes on clearance!!! I never do this! I do not like to shop and I do not like to spend money on myself, and did I mention that I never do this!!

Had a fun morning shopping with Erinn and Hannah. Good girls time. Hannah is so proud of loosing that tooth, I think she told everyone we saw today about it. I guess she was more traumatized by having the last one pulled than I realized. I bought her a small toy at the used store as a prize. We avoided all fairies, magic and make believe when the kids first came home (it scared them). So there was no tooth fairy for Caleb, so we have instituted small prizes instead.

Did you know that in Liberia you throw your lost teeth on the roof of your house? That is how you are sure they will grow back!!! I guess it is no stranger than putting your tooth under a pillow and waiting for a small magical creature to turn it into money!! Really think about it! We think others customs are strange, but that is only because we look at them through our American glasses.

Have a great weekend! Remember to look for those opportunities God places in your life to be a light for Him!

No comments: