Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

And The Not So Competitive!

With a house full of competitive kids, I guess God decided I needed a break with my youngest!!
Notice the graceful form!
OK she throws like a girl, but I have never had one the does!!
This picture is great, I snapped it right before she went running through the long jump pit!
She does not quite have the jumping thing down yet.
And these have to be the best!
Wonderful hopping up and down form!
But look at that grin with the tongue hanging out and all!
Notice there are no other kids in the picture, they were all way in front of her, but she did not care at all!
And the best part??? Your big brother waiting at the finish line with a really cute pink ribbon for you!!! Lest you think I am in anyway serious, let me put your mind at ease.
After 4 very competitive children it would be wonderfully relaxing to this mom to take life a little less seriously and stressful with this one!!
Isn't she great!
And my awesome son having a great time with the kids at the track meet.
Thanks for being such a great role model for all the kids!

1 comment:

Hilltrain said...

Hmmm...do you even know what to do w/ a non-competitive child??? :) God certainly does have a sense of humor! She really did look like she was having a great time. And how neat that her biggest brother was waiting w/ a cute pink ribbon at the finish line!!!

Donna, you are such a riot! I love seeing your perspective. :)