Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Catching Up On Life

What a crazy weekend!!!

Drew and 6 cross country boys and girls had a huge ($900) garage sale in my garage this weekend! Tons of work to go into setting up and such, plus having on average 7 hungry teens here for 2 days and nights!! They were raising money for cross country camp ($400+) a person for high altitude training, with no running water, outhouses, and army tents!! This is actually the same camp David went to in high school with about the same services and activities.

David decided for Father's Day weekend we would do some TOUCH UP painting on the house. The problem with that being, that the paint was so faded from the sun, we ended up totally doing two sides, both stories!! Looks good now!!

We were blessed with being able to find a used zoom lens for David for Father's Day. Keep watching to see the new improved pictures.

Caleb celebrated his birthday with donuts for breakfast with candles and everything. We then were going to go out to his favorite lunch place (McDonald's) just the three of us, then Drew joined us and Dad asked if we could go to a different McD's so he could join us. On a lark I called Erinn and caught her just sitting down on her lunch break and she joined us!! What a spur of the moment surprise for all of us to be together. He then requested spaghetti for dinner and opened his presents after. Tonight we will have a couple of friends over for cake and ice cream after the track meet.

So after this whirlwind weekend I literally did laundry all day yesterday, including all sheets and blankets from my sweaty African children's beds!! I also found my kitchen and garage!! Yeah! Last load for Salvation Army is waiting for Drew to get home from work to deliver, then I will somewhat have my house back!

Now I am just praying for my back to be normal. This morning I went for a walk/run and it was very sore. I am now fighting for any normal movement. Think I will get some serious stretching and icing in today! Praising God for the energy to accomplish so much this weekend!

1 comment:

Hilltrain said...

Great new family pics! :)