Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life is Moving On!

This is Drew and Erinn, pre tooth extraction and finals!

Drew is still a little swollen around the lower jaw from his tooth extraction, but feeling better overall. He has been busy getting ready for a garage sale with a bunch of his team to earn money for Steens Mountain Running Camp this summer.

Erinn will have her last final tonight and officially be a college junior. I must say she is already moving on and is looking forward to a much awaited trip to Texas to see Mike! Details are in the making as I write.

Danielle is trying to keep busy and looking froward to Ryan's break coming up in a month or so. Hard time for her to be working for a non-profit group. But she is enjoying the learning experience one way or the other.

Hannah is my easy going Hannah. We all need one like her to slow us down and force us to smell the roses a little. She is presently playing in a large bucket of water out back, where she has been playing for the last hour all by herself. She is very easy to entertain. She showed me her letter E's this morning she was practicing! They had about 6 horizontal lines on them!! Some of her visual processing issues. To her they looked great!

Caleb and I had a big exchange this morning about telling time again!! He sure knows how to push my buttons! After I discussed it with him for 1/2 an hour with him not getting it at all (though we just went over it last week), he just all the sudden got them all right in a row, as though someone just turned on a light in his head (you know like the cartoons). Now all I need to figure out is how to turn the light on sooner!!! He is such a good kid that loves to please, I think most of it is fear that he will get it wrong and disappoint. He is now busily working on Knex and having a great time working with the wheels and finding all the different ways you can put them together.

I have been battling some lows this week. Get that way once in a while, usually due to too much stress I am not dealing with, which sends my already precarious hormones into a tail spin. Thankful to be leveling out again. Looking forward to seeing that sun sometime this summer. Think it is playing havoc on things too. My big blessing right now has been increasing my walking time. I have been able to listen to some great sermons by John Piper this week while I was walking. Also my bum knee has not been giving me any trouble-Praise the Lord!!

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh my ... Caleb sounds like my kids. We have been working on Telling Time for the past 8 months ... yes, 8 months and not one of the 3 have "got it" yet. Yes ... they push my buttons sometimes, too.

Praying for you in your struggles this week.

Laurel :)

Intentional Living Homestead said...

Thank you for commenting on my blog. It sure is difficult isn't it? You know your heart but other things just don't line up like you think.

I look forward to getting to know you more your blog.

Blessings!