Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Not a Spring Chicken Anymore!

One of the first posts I did on this blog was about David running the Portland Marathon for a fund raiser for disabilities ministries. Well us girls talked about walking it this year and I guess that is a go at this point!


Two weeks ago we went on our first walk together and have been training since.


Yesterday three of us tackled a 10 miler!! We walked the first 5 miles in 1:09 and the second 5 miles in 1:11 for a total of 10 miles in 2:20!!! Pretty good for beginners. We did do a little jogging to loosen up the muscles and change up the pace.


So the reason for the title would be--I am very slow moving this morning!! Not sore muscles, but my back is out!! I felt it about 10 minutes after we stopped walking yesterday. I was prepared for sore legs, a swollen knee or even another black toenail, but not my back.


Then David asked me this morning if I was 10 years older than both the ladies I walked with yesterday? Yes!! And what is your point??
I guess a mom with daughters this age should feel their age just a little?!?

2 comments:

Hilltrain said...

Oh, but you're a spring chicken at heart! :)

Laurel said...

Somehow, with 6 adult children, I can't pretend to be "young" anymore either ... but I try. I just tell people that all of my kids is what keeps me young.

Hope the back gets to feeling better soon.


Laurel