Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Catching Up

Thought I would take a few minutes before we are off again to catch up here.

First these pictures are from last week with some good friends over for a fondue and Wii party.

Caleb is starting on his summer school work. It is mostly supposed to be easy review work and reading. Interesting how he has already forgotten how to tell time!! He will also get to do FREE reading (amazing what that word 'free' will do for a kid's mind) and for every 30 minutes he gets a space ship to place on his reading wall!!

Drew ran his post season race and won on a very hot 95 degree day. He is so ready for his 2 week break! He will be running a triathlon this weekend, mostly with no swimming or bike training. He somehow does consider this a break. As I have said before, I am not really sure how his mind works in this area!! He will then be getting his wisdom teeth out next week. What a FUN break. He will also be getting his Bible verse exam done today and will officially be done with his junior year.

Erinn is racing through dead week, with all her finals next week. She will then be half way to that college degree! She is looking forward to some good lakeside time this summer along with many hours of work. She is also contemplating moving into an apartment with a friend. She just returned from a introductory meeting about a medical missions trip to India that she may do sometime in the future. She was very excited to take a shopping trip while there with her friend and get 5 shirts, a dress and a purse for under $50. She is quite the bargain hunter.

Hannah is coughing away. Sounds like she got what I had for the last few weeks. Praying it is over soon for her. We are not doing any type of school work for her as she is so wiped out. She took two naps yesterday. We are working on social interaction in her speech class, trying to get her comfortable talking with peers instead of withdrawing from social settings.
David is still running, swimming and playing softball with his broken rib. I think it is taking it's toll on him with loosing so much sleep though. He is having trouble getting much good sleep due to the pain. We are praying for relief soon as he has been instructed to stay off his AS medicine till it is healing well. He is now a week and a half past his shot time and the AS is flaring in other areas. Needing to get him back on it to keep him pain free and mobile.

I have been blessed with some free time these last few days and am loving it. I had the opportunity to watch the second video by Dr. Purvis, you will find it here-
And yes Marti I was ironing while I was watching it!!
I enjoyed taking notes of the very practical ideas for dealing with contrary behaviors in adopted children. I had been wanting to watch it, so was very thankful for the chance.

I was also able to read the great article by Voddie Bauchan, you will find it here-
The article called Adoption Anxiety was a very good read too.

My last read has been Girl Soldier by McDonnell and Akallo
this book will make you cry, make you wonder how this can continue to happen and make you want to take action for those who have no voice.My heart and mind are full of so many things at this moment with all the wonderful reading I was able to get done. Praying the Lord will direct my heart.

So many abundant blessings in the busyness of our life!
It is crazy at times, but I love it!!

2 comments:

Hilltrain said...

HA! You and your ironing! :)

Any way I can borrow that book?

Laurel said...

Okay ... our husbands sound a bit alike, too.

Today's conversation ...

"I think I'll go hit a bucket of balls with a freind."

"Ummm ... what about your shoulder? You just told me that you didn't work out while I was in Africa because your shoulder is still bothering you."

"Yea ... I can't lift weights with my shoulder. But ... why would hitting golf balls bother my shoulder?"

"Ummm ... well ... don't you use your shoulder to swing the club?"

He seriously could not be convinced that swinging a golf club might not be best for a shoulder that has been seriously bothering him for 6 weeks.

:) :) :)