Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do You Love Me?


So what to write?


That has been the question!


Been dealing with my yearly pre-spring blues!


Seems like one of mine loves to get me with words about the same time every year!!


Those of you with adopted blessings may have heard this one--you know--the you don't love me routine.


After he hurt me with these words, and I took a while to digest what was going on, I realized he does the same thing every year about this time. And we see an escalation in some annoying behaviors!


Yep, one smart kid!


Actually I am SURE it has to so with his past trauma, but I am also not always sure how to best deal with it. He has dealt with rejection, abuse and loss. He does have issues to be recognized and healed. But is this what he is seeking with this, or is it just causing pain to another when he sees an opportunity?


I know the coddling the poor hurting child is what he is seeking, and maybe in the past in order to err on the side of his healing I have let more slide than I should.


This year, with a little more insight, I am taking a more direct approach!!


1--Hurting people with your words is not acceptable---even if you are hurting!!


2--Our house rules remain the same--even if you are hurting!!


3--You are loved--even if you are hurting!!


4--We are kind--even if we are hurting!!!


5--Jesus can heal all of our hurting!!!


Praying some day the pain of past abuse will become dim and he will be able to continually walk in the assurance that he is:


1--loved


2--safe from spiritual and earthly attacks


3--able to love freely


4--special just as he is


5--forever saved in his Father's hands


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6


2 comments:

Laurel said...

We had some TOUGH stuff with our littlest African this past week. Wow! Out of nowhere. "I WANT TO GO BACK TO AFRICA!" What??!!!

The tough stuff we are walking through is definitely rubbing off on the young ones ... and life is getting tougher for them as well. I don't know how to take care of all of their varied needs ... and fight through our crisis as well. So. Not. Fun.

Praying for wisdom for both of us.

Laurel :)

Shilo said...

Praying for you, Donna! I have no idea how I would handle that situation but I am so thankful that His grace is SUFFICIENT! And that He gives wisdom to those who ask! So we are asking!!! Father, bless Donna today as she seeks to be the mother you would have her be! Give her wisdom beyond her own and strength to show your love!