Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thoughts

Caleb did not want to be out done by Hannah in the tooth department. So he got this one out on Saturday evening. He is very proud of the holes in his mouth since his last set have not come in yet either!

I have sat down to blog a couple of times in the last few days and really could not put any thoughts down on the page. We have had a couple of challenging days with school here, the kind that make you wonder again, just why you are putting yourself and your children through this. On Friday I came across an article in the Eternal Perspectives Newsletter written by Joni Erickson Tada, it reminded me that these irritations are there to mold us and to make us like Him. I "know" this, but it is so easy to loose sight of in the busyness of the day. I spent much time this weekend praying that God would keep this before my eyes, that I would focus on the eternal goal. So wouldn't you know it, those irritations kept coming all weekend, they brought me to tears, but more importantly they brought me to my knees! God is so very good to give us these trials, in His love and mercy to make us shine for Him.
Psalm 37:23 "The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Nice blog.
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,..." Nice one.

Good blog and Keep blogging...
:-)
International Insurance Web World