Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Science Journal's

I was wanting to add a little more science into the school day for the little ones, and I got this idea from a blogging "friend". I got a book about senses at the library and we are reading about one sense a day. The kids are then writing down their observations from around the house. We will continue on with other science things in their new science journals.

Caleb is pretty much working on his own and doing a great job-the spelling is not so great, but this is a good way to work on it. His most interesting observation from yesterday's smelling lesson was "poop smells yucky"! I thought that was a very profound observation!?!

Hannah is working with me and mostly drawing indistinguishable figures! Then she describes the item to me or answers questions I ask. I have noticed in the past Hannah's trouble using and understanding describing words and this task has been great for this problem. As she was describing how an eye glass case felt today, she was saying it was bumpy, I thought she was mixed up, but when I felt where she had her hand there were letters I could not see and it WAS bumpy.

An interesting fact: Did you know that library and Liberia sound very much the same? When the kids first came home and I said we were going to the library, they said they did not want to go because it was too far away. I tried to tell them that we would be getting all sorts of interesting books to read and they could pick any they would like. Caleb was still unconvinced because he knew there were no books in Liberia. He thought I was crazy. Now my little Liberian-Americans enjoy the library and pray for Liberia!

No comments: