Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Newest Family Member

A bit of advice for all of those out there with boys: Beware when they have time to blow.
This morning I sent Drew to the store to get some pictures made for his scrapbook. While he was waiting the hour for them to get done he went to the pet store next door. I get a call saying "Mom, Please can I get a hamster!" I am seriously thinking that my 16 year old can't be asking me this!! I have him call his dad, thinking he will say "NO". A half an hour later in comes Drew with this cute little guy!
He has for the time been dubbed "Toby". He is a Teddy Bear Hamster about 3 inches long and light tan. I would tell you how soft he is, except he is very active at this point and needs lots of people handling time before I will hold him.
I have to often remind myself with this boy of mine that there are much worse things he could be doing with his time!!










3 comments:

Michelle said...

Could be worse Donna, I had a rat when I was younger then Drew I think. Then again in college, my roomate and I rescued a rat from the biology lab. We kept it in our dorm room that whole year!

Hilltrain said...

You're right, Michelle, it definitely could be worses! :)

Donna said...

Yep, your right, could be worse things and so far I have vetoed rats, mice and snakes!