Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Catching Up!

Just a little catch up on the busyness!!

I have had the blessing of reviewing papers for Drew (high school senior), Erinn (college junior), and David (masters) all in the last week. I am consistently amazed at how well they all write, the kids obviously got it from David!!! I must admit that David's papers, though amazingly well written, are hard to read because business is not anywhere in my sphere of reality. Erinn's on the other hand are a joy and I learn so very much from them, she is studying anthropology .

We had another speech therapy appointment this morning, and I am consistently amazed at what I learn about my daughter in these sessions. We are working on the 'R' sound. But more importantly still working on getting her to engage with others in her play. It is coming slowly.

I saw the podiatrist this morning for my second of three cortisone injections in my foot. I am so excited that with the injection last week and some fancy new topical anti-inflammatory patches and the crutches; I was almost pain free for the first time since August!!!!!! YEAH!!!

We were able to finish all the invitations for both weddings and the graduation and 2 sets are in the mail!!! We have gotten so many little things accomplished this week. But the big one was the delivery of 2 large boxes of linens----and yes they all need to be IRONED!!! Now I don't mind ironing, but this is a little much!!! And then we get to do it all over again for Erinn's wedding---I am going to look into having them washed and ironed professionally---praying it will not cost a fortune!!
Erinn has had the opportunity to share with a fellow student at school who has walked away from his faith!! He knew she was a Christian from how she responded in class and approached her kindly about her faith. He actually had a pastor tell him not to take the Bible literally--which sent him into his crisis of faith. Oh Lord have mercy on this generation!!! I am sure she would covet your prayers as she continues to interact with him!!

3 comments:

nichelejoy said...

Yay for a pain free week!!! You should definitely get them professionally cleaned. But if it costs too much, invite me over and I'll help iron!

Laurel said...

Sounds like a busy but productive time around your house.

Yea for the invites in the mail. Big job ... done.

I was Jim's "editor" of papers while he was in grad. school. I truly believe that I should have also received my Masters in Minstry. (LOL) I learned it all ... while proofing, editing, and typing all of his papers. :)

I will pray for Erin and this opportunity to witness/minister to the student in her class.

Wish we lived closer so that my girls could be Hannah's playmate ... for "therapy" of course. :) My kids have not played with ANYONE near their ages in the past 6 months. Hmmm ... no wonder they are beginning to get on each other's nerves.

Big Hugs & Blessings to the Jordan family!

Laurel & the gang

PS: YES ... we would LOVE to have you come visit after your weddings and graduation. You will definitely deserve a vacation.

Hilltrain said...

Aw...but think of all the trainings/movies you could listen to/watch while doing all that ironing! :)