Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Honest Scrap Award!

Christine over at Smiles and Trials sent me my first blog award!! Guess you call it an award, but now I have to post 10 honest things about me! Well thanks Christine, I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog and hope someday to meet face to face on one of our trips through your area!

So here goes--

1) I am very thankful to be a daughter of my Lord Jesus, and wish with all my heart to grow in grace and mercy to be the person He wants me to be!!

2) My two favorite jobs in the world are wife and mother!! No big surprise there---but I would not trade it for the world and am thankful (most) everyday for my job!!!

3) I am scared out of my wits that I will forget something important for these weddings!!!

4) I completely hate shopping!!! I don't mean for necessities, but for fun!!

5) I hate, hate, hate gossip!!

6) I am extremely uncoordinated--that's why I run or walk for exercise!!

7) If I could hire someone to do part of my work it would be cooking!!! I really don't enjoy it!

8) I have a passion for helping orphans and widows--no surprise there!! Praying and excited about where God may lead in these areas in the next year as our lives go through this big change.

9) I am unbelievably thankful that I will not be having an empty nest this year!!!!

10) I am much more comfortable in a background helping situation than in a up front communicating position, unless it is in a small group! These weddings will be stretching for me in more than one way!!

So there you are--the good, the bad and the truthful!!!

Now I get to tag 10 more, so here goes:

Shonni, Laurel, Nichel, Wendy, Shilo, Jen, Faye, Lisa, Jill, Dorothy

4 comments:

Shonni said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me for this award Donna. I am very grateful!

Unknown said...

Donna you are so precious!

Thank you for the award - I'm so honored and humbled!

God bless you!
Jill
PS I know what you mean about the weddings and big crowd thing - I don't do them well either :-) So I will be praying for you to be surrounded in His peace!!!

junglemama said...

What?? You don't like to cook? :)

Laurel said...

Thanks Donna!

:) :) :)