Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Books

I just got done posting about books, and a friend just did on her blog. Plus I had a question about how I got all my books.

So I thought I would post about how I go about getting my books.

1) We want to support the local Christian book store.

2) You can always use the great standbys of Amazon and CBD

3) But my absolute favorite at this point has been www.paperbackswap.com


My sister told me about this site a while ago and I have only had one bad experience and I have sent 51 (52 tomorrow) and received 37 and have 14 credits for more books!!!

It is really easy, you list the books you want to trade by ISBN number, your books will be listed in order received. I presently have 61 books on my 'book shelf'. When someone requests your book through the club, the club sends you and email. You log on and decide to accept or not and print a mailing label right off the site. You then send it and when they receive it you get a credit for any book listed on the site!!

It is that easy!!

So when you want a book you type it in and order it for free if the book is available. If not you can put yourself on a waiting list and when the book becomes available and you are the next in line they send you an email and you log on and request it for free. I presently have 61 books on my 'wish list', many of those are the same book just in paperback or hardback, I just want whichever comes available first.

I usually don't do plugs, especially for a non-christian site, but I thought this was good information to get out, especially since I know many adoptive families read this, and that means money can be tight for fun things like extra books.

I am also taking a risk, because if you all join we may end up waiting for the same books!! LOL

Actually if I read on someones blog about a book, I go here first to see if it is available. I posted about 9 books the other day, I had received 4 of them from this site.

Fields of the Fatherless---recommended by another blogger--was on my wish list till posted

Gifted Hands---recommended by another blogger

Does Anybody Else Look Like Me---recommended by another blogger--was on my wish list till posted

This Voice in My Heart---a gift for my running son!!!

Hopefully you find this helpful----and happy reading!!!!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Thanks for the info. I have a LOT of books that I could make available to others. Wow!

Laurel :)

Pamela Early Settoon said...

wow, thanks for the info. it would also be great if you share the books you read b/c it's been hard to find books that i think could be helpful in my life. ahhh, then i would just want a book after you read it. lol