Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just the Way I Am

I just received my copy of this wonderful book "Just the Way I Am: God's Good Design in Disability" by Krista Horning, from Desiring God Ministries.

What a treasure! This book contains beautiful pictures with a promise of God and a verse to testify of the promise!

I cried as I looked through it. I am looking forward to going over all the promises and verses with my treasures.

Thank you Julie at Not Just an Ordinary Life for making me aware of this beautiful book. Also a few of her children are featured in the pages of the book!!

4 comments:

Shilo said...

I saw this book on John Piper's blog. I'm interested to hear what you think about it!
Shilo

Mama in Uganda said...

This is completely random, but I found your blog via another blog I read (imghanaadopt.blogspot.com). We are missionaries in Uganda but are originally from Oregon--my husband and I met in Ashland at Ashland Christian Fellowship.

What I really want to say is Thank You. Thank you for allowing the Lord to place the "lonely" into your family.


From a mama in the North,
Summer

Leah Spring said...

I had to wonderful opportunity to meet Krista and her family last week. We're in the process of MANY changes in our household, one of them being the adoption of little girl with Apert syndrome, the other finding a new church. And...guess who goes to the new church! I have 5 other children, the last one left at home is my 14 year old daughter Angela who has Down syndrome. She LOVES this book and wants me to read it to her every night! (some of her liking the book might be because our next door neighbors are in it! LOL)

Leah Spring said...

Forgot to mention, you can find my adoption blog at www.myianna.blogspot.com