Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Class is done!!!

Today I enjoyed teaching my last homeschool class!! I will miss my kids and had a great time. Hope they enjoyed it as much as I did. I was surprised with some sweet gift cards to us in the future!

We studied 19 countries and learned where they are and what continent they are on. Along with the types of animals that live in each country and some interesting sites to see in each country. I think the kids had the most fun with learning to say hello in 17 different languages--though I am sure I botched the ponunciation a lot. They also enjoyed learning to say the large population numbers.

We included games, food or crafts from each country. So they made a mancala game (Kenya) and a dreidel (Isreal). We made paper fans (Korea) and island paintings (Haiti). And we made guacamole (Mexico) and peanut sauce (Liberia). ect...

Most importantly we learned how we can pray for kids in each of these countries, and how different their lives our from ours.

I can say from our 'tests' today, that all the kids retained something!! :):) I guess we had fun and accomplished something at the same time!!

Now off to pack for state for the next two days!!!

No comments: