Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Busy End of the Month

With David getting paid on the last day of the month, as I have mentioned before, it becomes a very busy day for me. I am happy that it is the first today!!! I am also abundatly thankful for the wonderful job that provides the income to cause such a busy day!

Shopped at 4 stores yesterday, had to have the manager come clear me at one check stand for too many coupons!! They had chicken legs marked off $2 a package. Good deal for a family and great for crockpot days!!

Purchased our first wedding supplies. Costco was down to 4 three gallons serving jars. I bought three of them. Thinking it will be cheaper in the long run than renting them. Danielle and I had to laugh that we can now serve drinks at the wedding, but she still has nothing to wear!! Sounds like a problem we might need to solve.

Danielle is eagerly awaiting Ryan home for a leave from Kosovo. I think she only has a week or so more to wait.

She is has been doing battle today with the abundance of traffic on the way up to the ranch for work. Seems that it is the same road you take to get to Micheal Jackson's Neverland Ranch!! Now I bet you get the picture!! Think news reporters and fans! Yep, you got the picture!

I also was able to go on a 4 mile walk today! Yeah! Now the big test, tommarow is a 12 miler!!! I guess I will see how well my back is really doing! Praying for smooth walking.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I don't think I knew where Danielle's young man was stationed. My eldest just found out today that he is leaving on July 12th, for a year in Kosovo. He will be working for a private contractor's security force, on the army base there.

We look forward to meeting Danielle when we visit the Ranch Center in Santa Barbara.

And, we look forward to meeting the rest of your precious family on Monday. Yea!

Laurel