Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pictures Will Vary?!?!


When I checked Caleb's school work yesterday this is what I found.
I was very excited about the neat writing, the correct answers and the correct spelling. I was trying to figure out what was up, this did not look like Caleb work.
Then I looked at the blank boxes on the side and the one on top!!
Notice it says "Pictures will vary"!! BUSTED!! CHEATING!! And not very well either!
Well I gave him opportunities to fess up, none of which he took, so I very calmly inserted into the conversation that he was a cheater. The immediate change was his recognizing that he was indeed BUSTED. Then in wonder of how his mom knows everything!!! I think I will just continue to let him believe that for a while!!
After our moments of correction and discussion I asked him if he wanted my help with this. He said yes, so I promptly removed all the answer pages from the back of the book and threw them in the garbage! I don't believe he thought that was much help! But temptation is removed!
Praying he will learn to be sorry for his behaviour and not just in the fact that he was caught!
Deuteronomy 6:6-9
“And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

3 comments:

Hilltrain said...

You're such a good mom!

Running towards the goal said...

This is Joshua Diacogiannis.
That's so funny! It reminds me of some instances with my younger adopted siblings!!!

Thankfulmom said...

Smart Mommy. I love the way you offered to help him, because that is truly what he needed.

Lisa