Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Breakthroughs!!!

We have been seeing many new, fun breakthroughs with our youngest!! So exciting to watch!

She has finally in the last few weeks come out of her self-protective shell and is talking to other kids her age! Her speech therapist believes she shied away from other kids to keep herself from being rejected or feeling as though she did not fit in. So to see her walk up to another child and ask them a question then sit beside them to eat her lunch in HUGE!! I almost cried!

She is also constantly saying
-Watch me!!
-I can do it myself!

Something you usually see in younger children, but these are really firsts for her at 6 years old.

Exciting to see and looking forward to continuing to watch her open up! Praise God!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Maybe her time with my girls helped to build her confidence. :)

Rejoicing with you!

Laurel

For His Glory said...

I found your blog through Laurel's :) We too have recently just adopted two toddlers from the states here and I love to read other believers adoption blogs and be encouraged...I read this post and knew exactly the joy you were feeling over your daughter speaking to another and engaging...Our three year old has recently been doing the same thing, where as before she was soooo distant!! It's so neat to see God working and changing her :) hope you don't mind if I stop by again :)