Philippians 4:4-9
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. and the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Be Thankful!!!

During David's and my phone conversation last night while he was away this little thought kept popping up "Be Thankful".

So today as I watched my husband come home from work after a close call driving--you bet I was thankful!!

When my son related the accident that happened to a friend while at the coast, and Drew's awesome response to the emergency--you bet I was thankful!!

And this afternoon as I was taking account of all the large bills and extra expenses this month and that there were 11 days to the end of the month--I must admit, not so thankful!! Embarrassing to say, but there it is.

So as I have continued with my day, I was blessed to hear the Lord whisper over and over to me--"you are in My hands"---"I have not forgotten you"---"I own all the world"---"cast those burdens onto Me"!!! What a peace surrounded me as I cleaned house and did school with the kids. Isn't it so good to know that our God is faithful, even when we are faithless!!!

No comments: